Investment - SMSF

As a landlord of a holiday home, what services should I b... When supplying accommodation, landlords should specify (in writing) to the occupants the services and facilities that...
Read more

How should I choose a real estate agent to lease my SMSF holiday home?

An experienced, professional management team makes all the difference between an empty or occupied holiday home.  

When choosing an agent or property manager, look for a strong track record of experience in holiday letting as well as extensive knowledge of the competitive holiday letting market.  
If you choose to deal through an agent you must complete a written agency agreement that sets out what the agent will do for you, and agree to instructions on matters such as:
  • Asking rent and security deposits
  • Cancellation and return of deposits
  • How to handle minor repairs or damage to the premises
  • Agent fee’s and commissions
  • Other services such as cleaning and laundering of furniture and linen
  • Instructions on how to handle disputes
  • Conduct of holiday makers and respectful treatment of permanent neighbours
Back to questions